Working together towards the same goal!
The best for Garrison Mill!
|Purpose of the PTA? Encourages parent and family connections with the school to improve the lives and education of students.
||Purpose of the Foundation? Provides leadership to solicit and organize parent and community resources, beyond the capabilities of the PTA, to support educational enrichment.
|What does the PTA provide?
- Provides over $10,000 in grants to staff and teachers for supplies needed throughout the year.
- Paper, weekly readers, habitat days, media center supplies, and staff training.
- Programs for Garrison Mill Elementary children and parents through cultural arts presentations, lunch and learn, community outreach, literacy, and the PTA Reflections program
- Fun activities for families and students such as fall festival, activity nights, fun run, movie night, school dance, and talent show.
- Support for the faculty and staff by providing media center volunteers, and front desk helpers.
- An opportunity for parents to exercise a voice in education during the critical elementary school years
- Science Instructor and Science Lab (COMING SOON!)
- School Garden/Outdoor Learning Space
- Field trips
- Funding for teacher training
- Computer Lab
- Promethean Boards in every class
- Critical SRI software
- Educational technology, equipment and materials
- Enriching educational opportunities after school every day (FEAST)
|How does the PTA raise funds?
- Fall fundraising drive
- Family donations
- Spirit nights
- Box Tops for Education
|How does the Foundation raise funds?
- Family donations and employer matching programs
- 10% of participation fees from FEAST
- Developing now, Fall 2012: Local business and corporate sponsorships, Grant writing
|How can I volunteer with the PTA?
- Serve on one of the 40+ GM committees
- Participate in GM PTA activities throughout the year
|How can I volunteer with GMEF?
- Be a Foundation Parent Council Liaison for your child’s class
- Join a committee
- Respond to volunteer requests